CONFERENCE DAY ONE
8:15 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND NETWORK COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:05 am GAMING IQ WELCOME
9:05 am - 9:10 am CHAIRMAN'S OPENING REMARKSGhulam Khan - Head of QA and Localisation SEGA
Introducing our interactive questioning feed for the conference, attendees will input their questions and thoughts and the most popular will be polled to be reviewed at the end of the day! Attendees can also submit questions during the sessions to be answered by the presenters at the end of the sessions
Ghulam KhanHead of QA and Localisation
9:10 am - 9:50 am DELIVERING QUALITATIVE FEEDBACK AND IMPROVING CROSS TEAM COMMUNICATIONSTulay McNally - QA Director EA
· Providing subjective feedback
· ‘Snapping’ out of the optional service mindframe - Integration of QA within development of games and creating partnerships
Tulay McNallyQA Director
9:50 am - 10:20 am STAYING IN THE GAME: THE POWER OF INTEGRATED QA & CXChris Rowley - Director of Localisation, Pole To Win Europe
Wilson Nieves - Senior Director of Customer Experience, Pole To Win International
- How integrated QA and CX drive successful cross-platform launches
- Leveraging training, systems, comms and release plan synergies across QA and CX teams
- Triage inputs from players, QA and CX with common KPIs to improve customer retention, product and support
Chris RowleyDirector of Localisation
Pole To Win Europe
Wilson NievesSenior Director of Customer Experience
Pole To Win International
10:20 am - 10:50 am NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
10:50 am - 11:20 am MOBILE RELEASE EVOLUTION @XINGSergej Mudruk - Team Lead Quality Assurance, Xing
- Since 2011 XING develops iOS and Android apps in-house. During this 7 years we tried a lot of approaches and technologies. Especially the ways in which the apps are released to the end user was, and is, changing continuously.
- The process of change in the release process from a few released per year to a regular two-week release cycle for each platform.
- How we organized an efficient process after scaling of the mobile development at the company
- The evolution from 1 team working on both mobile apps to several asynchronously working contributor teams for every app in every release cycle
Sergej MudrukTeam Lead Quality Assurance
11:20 am - 11:50 am GAME QA REIMAGINEDSanjiv Ahluwalia - Director, GlobalStep
- Focusing on business assurance and shift-testing, going above and beyond quality control and quality assurance
- Generate significant value with a 360 degree QA approach where QA is ubiquitous throughout the GDLC and part of a collaborative ecosys
11:50 am - 12:30 pm PANEL DEBATE: AUTOMATION AND IT’S USES IN SERVICE TEAMSGhulam Khan - Head of QA and Localisation SEGA
Jasmin Jelača - Localization Lead, Nordeus
Sarah Beuter - Head of Localisation, Gameforge Productions GmbH
Stefan Posthuma - Senior Director of Engineering, Electronic Arts
Stephen King - Player Support Manager, Outplay
Gordon Mckendrick - Localisation Engineer, SEGA
This will be an interactive session whereby the panel participants will cover discussion points such as the below and the audience will be invited to ask any questions they may have via our live streaming question service.
· How is AI impacting QA, Loc and CS (blurring lines between QA and programmers, Machine Translation, Chatbots and preventing tickets), what is the impact on skills required and how good is it against biometrics and data analytics
· Preparing our teams for the future
Jasmin JelačaLocalization Lead
Sarah BeuterHead of Localisation
Gameforge Productions GmbH
Stefan PosthumaSenior Director of Engineering
Stephen KingPlayer Support Manager
Gordon MckendrickLocalisation Engineer
Ghulam KhanHead of QA and Localisation
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm MEET COMMANDO - OUR TEST AUTOMATION TOOLAleksandar Tešić - Software Development Engineer in Test, Nordeus
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm TAMING THE WILD HUNTMikolaj Szwed - Senior Localisation Producer, CD Projekt Red
· Tools and formats employed to tell and localize a complex story and enhance game quality
· Focusing on each language telling a story in its own right
Mikolaj SzwedSenior Localisation Producer
CD Projekt Red
1:30 pm - 1:45 pm OPEN FLOOR DEBATEStefan Abadzhiev - Business Development Director, EMEA TELUS International
Our first year hosting a customer support and community management track is kicked off with an open floor debate, all are encouraged to participate on the hottest topics within CS and CM!
· Chat Bots
· Live Chat Operators
· Fully engaged staff – why is this vital and what are the obstacles?
· Regional considerations when interacting with players
· Knowing your player - Player Analytics? Feedback?
· Proving the success and ROI of CS
Stefan AbadzhievBusiness Development Director, EMEA
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm FORWARD TO THE FUTURE WITH QUALITY ASSISTANCERobert Milcu - Senior Quality Assistance Engineer, Innogames
Jana Gierloff - Senior Quality Assistance Engineer, Innogames
· Brief overview of Quality Assistance
· Feature Development Timeline and how and when QA is involved and in which capacity
· Presenting some of the tools in the back pocket of a Quality Assistance Engineer (Test Dojo's, Slack Bots etc)
· Lastly, the bumps that we stumbled upon and pointers when & How to start
Robert MilcuSenior Quality Assistance Engineer
Jana GierloffSenior Quality Assistance Engineer
2:05 pm - 2:35 pm LEVERAGING TRANSLATION AUTOMATION IN GAMES LOCALISATIONAndrea Tabacchi - Lead Solution Architect, Memsource
- Cloud based translation to enable ease of communication across global companies
- Reduce costs, continually localise on a global level, decrease turnaround
- Achieve globalisation of content and improve user experience
Andrea TabacchiLead Solution Architect
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm WARGAMING MOBILE: DELIVERING HIGH-QUALITY PLAYER SUPPORT IN 10+ LANGUAGES WITH A SMALL TEAMFlorian Blaesche - Head of Player Experience Operations, Wargaming Mobile
- Wargaming Mobile's Player Experience vision
- Delivering quality player support
- Localizing support: Adding languages on the fly
Florian BlaescheHead of Player Experience Operations
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm HOW TO RUN AN EFFICIENT QA TEAM: TIPS&TRICKSMagdalena Czarnecka - QA Tester, People Can Fly
· Training of a new QA
· How to work with production.
· Overcoming obstacles common across multiple companies eg. Running and managing a team to reach new heights
Magdalena CzarneckaQA Tester
People Can Fly
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm COMMUNICATION DURING THE GAME LOCALISATION PROCESS: MAKING THINGS HAPPENMiguel Hernandez Garcia - Localization Coordinator, Nordeus
Different communication tips from
the initial design of the product to
the reception by users, to enhance
overall localisation quality
Miguel Hernandez GarciaLocalization Coordinator
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm SPENDER TIERS AND VIP SERVICERick Crane - Social Media and Player Experience Lead, Social Point
Pete McKay - Director of Social and Player Enagement, Social Point
· Who are Social Point?
· What games do we make?
· Why influencers and VIP´s matter
· How we use feedback to provide a better service?
· Our VIP program is a journey that we will iterate on for years. Where we are now and where we are going
Rick CraneSocial Media and Player Experience Lead
Pete McKayDirector of Social and Player Enagement
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm 6-STEPS TO A GAMES FQA “TEST INTELLIGENCE”Prodipto Roy - Test Director, Lionbridge
Lionbridge Game Services will outline a step-by-step process to bring your important business questions into a dashboard and answer them through advanced visualization of data.
Prodipto RoyTest Director
4:00 pm - 4:00 pm CASE STUDY: THE ART OF COLLABORATING IN LOCALISATION: HORIZON ZERO DAWN™Nadege Josa - Senior Project Manager - Localisation Services - WWS Europe, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
Florentina Neagu - Producer, Guerilla Games
· Demonstrate the efficiencies brought by a tight collaboration - from Production to Localisation.
· Scopes: Projections vs Actuals
· Localisation core team structure: how roles and responsibilities were divided
· The necessities for collaboration: from planning to testing
· The outcome of collaboration: values and shortfalls
· Did collaboration become a key to successful Localisation?
Nadege JosaSenior Project Manager - Localisation Services - WWS Europe
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
Collaborate with your industry peers and work through the most relevant challenges to you, opt onto these discussion groups in advance of the conference, every 20 minutes move onto a different topic (15-20people max). To ensure the discussion is of benefit, each roundtable will elect a leader who will prompt the conversation and feedback what has been discussed at the end of the session.
- Acquiring, retaining and developing talent; outsourcing vs. internal teams; training and developing staff
- Mobile - Automation
- PC - Automation
- Console – Automation
- Risk mitigation and escalation planning
- Building a team you completely trust
- How can feedback on localisation topics (truncations, overlaps, mistranslations) from customers be forwarded to localisation in an efficient way?
- How can you encourage customers to report such issues? What is an easy and efficient workflow to do this? Which tools could be used?
- How to prepare for engaging with new territories as they become accessible to drive growth