CONFERENCE DAY ONE
8:15 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND NETWORK COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:05 am GAMING IQ WELCOME
9:05 am - 9:10 am CHAIRMAN'S OPENING REMARKS
Introducing our interactive questioning feed for the conference, attendees will input their questions and thoughts and the most popular will be polled to be reviewed at the end of the day! Attendees can also submit questions during the sessions to be answered by the presenters at the end of the sessions
9:10 am - 10:00 am DELIVERING QUALITATIVE FEEDBACK AND IMPROVING CROSS TEAM COMMUNICATIONSTulay McNally, QA Director,EA
· Providing subjective feedback
· ‘Snapping’ out of the optional service mindframe - Integration of QA within development of games and creating partnerships
Tulay McNallyQA Director
10:30 am - 11:00 am NETWOKRING COFFEE BREAK
11:00 am - 11:40 am MOBILE RELEASE EVOLUTION @XINGSergej Mudruk, Team Lead Quality Assurance,Xing
- Since 2011 XING develops iOS and Android apps in-house. During this 7 years we tried a lot of approaches and technologies. Especially the ways in which the apps are released to the end user was, and is, changing continuously.
- The process of change in the release process from a few released per year to a regular two-week release cycle for each platform.
- How we organized an efficient process after scaling of the mobile development at the company
- The evolution from 1 team working on both mobile apps to several asynchronously working contributor teams for every app in every release cycle
Sergej MudrukTeam Lead Quality Assurance
12:10 pm - 1:00 pm PANEL DEBATE: AUTOMATION AND IT’S USES IN SERVICE TEAMSJasmin Jelača, Localization Lead,Nordeus Sarah Beuter, Head of Localisation,Gameforge Productions GmbH
This will be an interactive session whereby the panel participants will cover discussion points such as the below and the audience will be invited to ask any questions they may have via our live streaming question service.
· How is AI impacting QA, Loc and CS (blurring lines between QA and programmers, Machine Translation, Chatbots and preventing tickets), what is the impact on skills required and how good is it against biometrics and data analytics
· Preparing our teams for the future
Jasmin JelačaLocalization Lead
Sarah BeuterHead of Localisation
Gameforge Productions GmbH
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm MEET COMMANDO - OUR TEST AUTOMATION TOOLAleksandar Tešić, Software Development Engineer in Test,Nordeus
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm TAMING THE WILD HUNTMikolaj Szwed, Senior Localisation Producer,CD Projekt Red
· Tools and formats employed to tell and localize a complex story and enhance game quality
· Focusing on each language telling a story in its own right
Mikolaj SzwedSenior Localisation Producer
CD Projekt Red
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm OPEN FLOOR DEBATE
Our first year hosting a customer support and community management track is kicked off with an open floor debate, all are encouraged to participate on the hottest topics within CS and CM!
· Chat Bots
· Live Chat Operators
· Fully engaged staff – why is this vital and what are the obstacles?
· Regional considerations when interacting with players
· Knowing your player - Player Analytics? Feedback?
· Proving the success and ROI of CS
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm FORWARD TO THE FUTURE WITH QUALITY ASSISTANCERobert Milcu, Senior Quality Assistance Engineer,Innogames Jana Gierloff, Senior Quality Assistance Engineer,Innogames
· Brief overview of Quality Assistance
· Feature Development Timeline and how and when QA is involved and in which capacity
· Presenting some of the tools in the back pocket of a Quality Assistance Engineer (Test Dojo's, Slack Bots etc)
· Lastly, the bumps that we stumbled upon and pointers when & How to start
Robert MilcuSenior Quality Assistance Engineer
Jana GierloffSenior Quality Assistance Engineer
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm SPENDER TIERS AND VIP SERVICERick Crane, Social Media and Player Experience Lead,Social Point Pete McKay, Director of Social and Player Enagement,Social Point
· Who are Social Point?
· What games do we make?
· Why influencers and VIP´s matter
· How we use feedback to provide a better service?
· Our VIP program is a journey that we will iterate on for years. Where we are now and where we are going
Rick CraneSocial Media and Player Experience Lead
Pete McKayDirector of Social and Player Enagement
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm HOW TO RUN AN EFFICIENT QA TEAM: TIPS&TRICKSMagdalena Czarnecka, QA Tester,People Can Fly
· Training of a new QA
· How to work with production.
· Overcoming obstacles common across multiple companies eg. Running and managing a team to reach new heights
Magdalena CzarneckaQA Tester
People Can Fly
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm LIVE POLL!
At the beginning of the stream everyone will have taken part in a live poll using our Game Quality App which asked you to submit a key challenge is in your role, the top 5 most popular will now be reviewed and the room separated into groups to work through these challenges. Relay your feedback to the room via your elected table lead!
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm MEET THE MANAGERS
The benefit we have derived from filming our managers whilst playing all over the world
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
Collaborate with your industry peers and work through the most relevant challenges to you, opt onto these discussion groups in advance of the conference, every 20 minutes move onto a different topic (15-20people max). To ensure the discussion is of benefit, each roundtable will elect a leader who will prompt the conversation and feedback what has been discussed at the end of the session.
- Acquiring, retaining and developing talent; outsourcing vs. internal teams; training and developing staff
- Mobile - Automation
- PC - Automation
- Console – Automation
- Risk mitigation and escalation planning
- Building a team you completely trust
- How can feedback on localisation topics (truncations, overlaps, mistranslations) from customers be forwarded to localisation in an efficient way?
- How can you encourage customers to report such issues? What is an easy and efficient workflow to do this? Which tools could be used?
- How to prepare for engaging with new territories as they become accessible to drive growth